Fear is a very paradoxical tool.
For one it is a tool that our brain uses to let us know of any danger; Physical or otherwise.
The other day I found myself worrying about work. I've found out that worrying about something is mostly useless; if you can do something about you don't worry, you act. So I wanted to find a solution to that feeling, I felt that if I stopped worrying I would stop caring.
So I started using an old tool: What's the worse that could happen? It is usually not that bad at all. But it didn't work. I still wanted to avoid the unpleasant situation (which was a social issue, I think...).
And so I started trying to find another, more powerful solution. It seemed to me that not caring about the size of the consequence was not enough, because I do care about that issue. It is a value of mine to be as good as possible with others and to have effective relationships at work.
The ultimate fear is the fear of death. All other fears, in my opinion, derive from this one. The need for survival implies the fear of death.
And that thought gave me the solution. While I worry, I stop living. Not enjoying my baby, which was in front of me at that time was similar to not being alive! Because why do I want to live if not for the good things in life such as my family and all the other blessings God gives me?
And so I decided that it was worse to lose that moment than to face the consequence of the situation that I was worrying about.
And as it turns out, I cannot even remember what the situation was, which serves to prove that it wasn't such a big deal to begin with.
No comments:
Post a Comment